Key Points of Presentation:
- Teach the written curriculum.
- Assess the writtten curriculum.
- Have high expectations.
- Include all.
- Make students accountable when pair/sharing.
- Finish that thought. Pause right there. Thank your partner for sharing.
- Randomly call of partners to share their discussions with the class.
- Add movement to learning to help. This helps students retrieve PROCEDURAL memory.
- Prime students -- preview information before teaching it.
- Use stories like Gallon Guy. I LOVED the ladder example for coordinate pairs.
- Use songs like 18 Wheels on a Big Rig by Trout Fishing in America (and School House Rock).
- Remember that teaching is fun and what you're doing is important.
Click the links below to access: