I just returned from the Brain Expo in California, and it was simply amazing! It yielded me an, "I told you so!" from my mom. Not too long ago, she called to tell me about a brain special she was watching on television. She wanted me to tune in ... but of course, I was too busy!
Well, long story short, Dr. Daniel Amen was a keynote speaker at the Expo. He also did an all-day preconference session and a luncheon session. Yes, this is THE Dr. Daniel Amen from the PBS channel my mother watched ... and she was right ... I thoroughly enjoyed listening to him at the Expo and can't wait to read more!
His book, Magnificent Mind at Any Age, includes the following:
- SEVEN Principles to change your brain and your life
- The ONE question you should ask yourself everyday if you really want to be successful in life
- Tips on how to be happier, more focused, less anxious and less depressed by balancing three important brain systems
- TWELVE brain-healthy foods everyone should include in their diet
- Things you can do NOW to prevent Alzheimer's disease
If you're interested in reading more about Dr. Amen's work, his website is: http://www.amenclinics.com/